Sunday, March 1, 2009

Myeongdong Shopping Break

Saturday's cool weather was perfect for outdoor shopping at Myeongdong. My friends and I rested at a cafe. Like European cafes, Korean cafes sell alcoholic beverages AND teas. I opted for the citron tea (yuja cha). Made from the lemon-like yuja, this tea is a comfort drink for the sick. Sweetened with sugar and honey, it's the perfect mix of sweet and sour. The marmalade-like mixture is sold in jars. I love the chewy rinds that lurk at the bottom of the glass. My friend wanted a sip. She has a jar of citron tea at home, but they use it on toast, not as tea!
We also ate complimentary snacks:
Peanuts with sweet, seaweed-infused sticks. I love the sweet-and-savory taste of Korean snack foods.
On the other hand, I do not like the buttery, light nature of Korean cakes. Looks pretty, though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love citron type teas and that cake looks yummy!